e-VISA is available for Hungarian Passport holders w.e.f. 15.08.2015 and Bosnian Passport holders w.e.f. 26.02.2016
- Government of India has launched e-Visa on 27th November, 2014. The details regarding e-Visa Scheme and instructions may be checked on the e-Visa website https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- e-Visa facility starts for Hungarian Passport holders from 15th August 2015. We are now going to extend this facility to 37 more countries including Bosnia and Herzegovina from 26th February 2016. With this addition the total count of countries under the scheme will go up to 150.
- e-Visa has 3 sub-categories i.e., e-Tourist visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical visa. A foreigner will be permitted to club these categories
- The validity of e-Visa will be 60 days from the date of arrival in India. Double entry is permitted on e-Tourist Visa and e-Business Visa. Triple entry will be permitted on e-Medical Visa.
- This facility is in addition to the existing Regular Visa services.
- e-Visa can be availed for maximum of two times in a calendar year i.e. between January to December.
- e-Visa is non-extendable , non-convertible & not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.
- e-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated Airports (i.e. Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh,Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum & Varanasi) and 3 designated seaports (i.e. Cochin, Goa, Mangalore). However, the foreigner can take exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
For more details please visit https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Notice 27th Sept 2016: Advisory for e-tourist VISA Applicants