Consular services Click here for prices of services
Timings: Applications are received between 10.00 am and 12.00 noon, Mondays to Thursdays. Normal processing time is three working days. Please book your appointment online through Embassy’s website on Visa/Passport section.
Attestation of documents
Commercial documents for import/export purposes are attested after these are attested by the Hungarian chamber of commerce and the Hungarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Fees for documents required in connection with import from India are HUF 6650 (Hungarian Forint Six Thousand Two Hundred) per document and fees for exports to India are HUF 15950(Hungarian Forint Fifteen Thousand Five Hundred) per document.
Other consular services available include police clearance certificates for specific purposes, attestation of civil and legal documents, attestation of educational certificates of Indian students resident in Hungary, issue of birth certificates to children of Indian nationals borne in Hungary, etc.Details may be obtained from Consular officer.
Steps for applying to issue of Single Marital Status Certificate from Embassy:-
- Get a notary affidavit from India, declaring about your “Single marital status and intend to marry with a Hungarian girls”. Please mention future spouse name, nationality and passport Number.
- Get is attested by SDM (Sub-Divisional Magistrate) or DM (District Magistrate) from concerned District where you permanently reside in India.
- Get apostille from Consular Department, CPV Division, Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi (in Annexe Building of Patiala House Court, New Delhi )
Then you can approach to the Indian Embassy in Budapest to issue a single marital status certificate. For this please come with your Passport, local Hungarian identity and address card, future spouse passport and his/her identity and address card.
Registration of Indian nationals
All Indian nationals are advised to register themselves with the Indian Embassy. This will facilitate better interaction with the Embassy and would also prove useful in rendering faster consular services.
Holders of all Indian hand-written passports are kindly requested to get a new Machine-Readable Passport as the hand-written ones would not be valid for travel beyond November 2014.
OPEN HOUSE MEETINGS AT EMBASSY / GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
An “Open House” on the first Monday of every month from 1500 hrs – 1630 hrs will be held at the Embassy. Any person with a petition or unresolved issue, including consular or visa issues, that he/she would like to raise, is welcome to attend the “Open House” as scheduled above. In case the Embassy is closed on that day due to an official holiday, then the Open House will be held the following day at the same time.
The issues may also be brought to the attention of Ambassador directly by email, which can be sent on the email ID: email@example.com.
In the case of emergency consular problems either of the following officials can be contacted:
- Mr. Satish Kumar Khanna, Second Secretary, Mobile +36-30-8644594
- Mr. Md Ali Jouher, Assistant Consular Officer, Office +36-1-325-7742/43 or +36-1-335-5570